In December, 2012, the brethren Eric Mzinyathi, Hamilton Jantjies, Barry Jantjies and the late Linda Mase approached brother Steve Zimmerman, a missionary from the Cape Bible Seminary to initiate a programme aiming at empowering themselves through Bible Sessions and improving their spiritual capacity and learning broad ways of spreading the Word of God.
Role of Gospel 101
- Empower the team members with a broad understanding of the Word of God.
- Promote and share the learnings during scheduled local Church visits.
- Improve the communication between the team members and the local Churches.
- Initiate and organise annual Bible Seminars or Workshops to encourage spiritual growth.
- Equip leaders and the community with Bibles and other Christian resources.
- Eric Mzinyathi – Communication Officer
- Hamilton Jantjies – Team Manager
- Athi Malazibuye – Secretary
- Barry Jantjies – Treasurer
- Heather Burton – Teacher
- Steve Zimmerman – Mentor/Teacher
Gospel 101 is a programme that is aimed at improving and developing spiritual growth and relations among all Christian communities. We organise and facilitate church leadership, youth and women workshops as well as distribute free Bibles and Christian material.
Be a Body Builder Workshop – Springbok, Northern Cape
In July, the Gospel 101 team traveled to Springbok in the Northern Cape to host a leadership workshop. This workshop was titled “Be a Body Builder” and focused on different ways the Church can build up the entire Body of Christ. There was a session aimed specifically at the leaders in the local churches; a session where we conduct two of ten modules training for YMLT (Youth Ministry Leadership Training); and a session where we conduct a brief sample of an all-day women’s workshop that we offer. The YMLT and women’s presentations are done to show the leaderships within the local churches the two different full-day workshops we can come back and do specifically for their individual audiences.
Throughout the day we had anywhere from 20 to 30 participants representing about 6-8 different local churches. It was a great success! We were assured afterwards that we would be invited back to do BOTH the full YMLT training and a full women’s workshop. We were also able to hand out brand new study Bibles to the attendees.
We are looking forward to scheduling more of these in 2023
Donate to Gospel 101
South Africa Banking Details:
Gospel 101 Ministries
Bank: First National Bank
Account Number: 62911293801